Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Another Day Trip

We took another trip on the Saturday before Easter to Porter Ranch (Simi Valley). Last fall, during election time, I came across the blog of a pastor of a big Mega Church in Porter Ranch, CA--Shepherd of the Hills. I liked the things he was saying about the election issues. I bookmarked it and have gone back to it every so often. I noticed that the church was putting on a passion play for Easter. We decided to take the boys and go last Saturday. We stopped at Wendy's at the Lyons Exit on the way down.

We had 5th row seats. The play was really well done. The singing was AMAZING! Being in another church was a little different for our kids, but I thought it was good to expose our kids to people of a different faith than ours that celebrate Christ's life and resurrection like we do.

waiting for it to start

in front of the church- BIG crowd!

Eating at Chuy's on the way home

1 comment:

Denice said...

what a totally cool thing to do. brooke would never go to something like that with me. next time can i come with you? can we stop at the beach after?