Friday, November 7, 2008

Super Kids Get Super Awards

This is the award Jaden received yesterday at the Student of the Month assembly at his school. Way to go Jaden! Jaden is a typical middle child. Oh so typical. I hate to say anything negative about my child on this blog, but let's just say he challenges me in EVERY way. He is an awesome student though and perfectly behaved at school. In fact, at his parent/teacher conference his teacher said he is the best student in class. That is so refreshing to hear as I struggle to have patience with him every single day. It seems to get worse with him around his half birthday, so I'm hoping as that comes and goes this month, he will begin to behave better with me too. He is amazingly smart and so focused. I can count on him to start his homework the minute he gets home from school and whip it out in 10 minutes or less.
So yesterday was the assembly and parents receive a letter in the mail saying their child is getting an award on this day at this time and to keep it a secret. So Jackson and I are in the cafeteria and it's crowded and I can see Jaden's class from where I am but I haven't spotted Jaden, but I'm sure he is up there- I just can't see him. His name gets called and Jaden does not go up on the stage. Hmmmm. Where is he? I dropped him off for school this morning. I go around to talk to his teacher and she tells me he's in the office with a headache. So we go to the office to find Jaden, and he is lying down in the nurse's room. I tell him, "Jaden, the principal just called your name. You won an award!" Too bad he had to miss his big moment on stage. We went back into the cafeteria to collect his award from his teacher. He has had to come along and watch Jared get awards for 3 years and was waiting for his opportunity and he missed it. I'm sure the smarty will get another one.

I captured a of couple pictures as we left school. The awards assembly was still going on. He felt fine by the time we got home. :)

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

way to go jaden. sorry about the headache and missed stage time. can't wait to play this weekend.

Watsonville said...

Congrats to Jaden! What a great kid! He's always the sound of reason in the back of our car every morning. I love that kid! Heck, they are all so well behaved and Jared is a little man I love to have conversations with.

Grammy said...

I think that second child placement has something to do with personalities. How sad he missed going up on stage, he doesn't look like he minds to much with that big smile.

Denice said...

why didnt the teacher tell him he was getting the award and keep him in the assembly? give me a break. how often do kids get recognized this way. thats pretty much the whole point of the award isnt it? congrats jaden.

Janna said...

Denice-
His teacher apologized and said she "forgot" what kids were getting awards that day because they put in names a month in advance. She also told me she did ask him if he could "tough it out" and his eyes filled with tears, so she let him go to the office. Hmmmm.