Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to John

Look who turned 36 today!!!!
Happy Birthday to You!

Poor John had to work ALL day on his birthday--until 10 PM. He managed to come home for 45 minutes to eat dinner and have some cake. I love John so much. He is such a good father and husband. This semester has been tough. He is teaching 6 classes which means keeping track of about 180 mostly writing students. He hasn't been home much Monday-Thursday, but boy do we look forward to his 5 week break in December and January. I decided to post some random pictures in his honor.
He LOVES his little girl.
and his mom
This is when he met his most adored favorite all time musician Pat Metheney

Our last getaway- to Las Vegas- sad, this was almost 2 year ago!!!!! We need another vacation!
Boogie boarding with his father in law
Climbing trees on the "Trail of 100 Giants" in the Sequoia National Forest
Jared's Baptism- Awesome day!

Completing his 3rd Triathlon (May 2007)
We love you John!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

8 comments:

Denice said...

happy birthday john. you are catching up to me! bring janna and come visit us soon - leave the kids behind! (u should find some time during that 5 week break - jazz season!)

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday John. Sorry your day was so long, but you have Friday off yes?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, John! Remember that time we were driving to Utah and you convinced me to drive 100 mph so we would get there faster? And then I got a speeding ticket, but the cop lessened the charge because that's how Utah cops are? Good times. I think you still owe me $40. I hope to see all you lovely Harts soon!

Karissa and Mik said...

happy birthday john!

Kathleen said...

Hey Marianne, that reminds me of the time we were driving home from the beach and I was following John because I didn't know the way home and he was speeding so I had to speed too and then I got pulled over and got my first speeding ticket. I started pouting and told the cop to find John and give him the ticket. Yup. Good times. Loved your acceptance speech John. Thanks for including me in it. (You know the part about those who wished you happy birthday in their hearts.) Great pictures. Thanks for posting them Janna. Does he still like to speed?

Janna said...

oh, speed I do, but not usually in a car (I have kids to worry about now). You should see me on a treadmill, though.

John

Mia Katsuyama said...

I'm sorry... this might be mean... I told my dad and he laughed his head off and told me I should tell you Aunt Janna.... I think Pat Menethy looks like a cave man!! (don't tell him I said that)
Please forgive me with my crude words but its true and I cannot lie... Luv Mia

Mia Katsuyama said...

Oh yah tell Uncle John Happy really Late Birthday... like really late... We knew when his birthday was but we didn't call cause my dad's a lazy bum . . .