Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Holy Heck- It's a girl!

Well it's true! We are getting a dog! It is no secret that I'm not a huge animal lover, but the kids have been begging and begging and begging and begging and this cute little puppy just kind of fell into our laps. A family in our ward has a pure bred lab. She had a late night rendezvous with the australian shepherd next door. The result? Two cute unique little puppies. We are getting the girl. They were born about 10 days ago. The kids are so so excited! Their dream is finally coming true. They are using their saved up money to buy supplies before the March homecoming.
My first three kids were deathly scared of dogs until at least 4 years old. Jackson is my only child who has no fear of dogs. None!

Jacey is so happy. They named her Lola.

They have very interesting markings. They almost look like little cows.



What am I getting myself into?


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you are going to love her! I was iffy about getting a dog myself, but what a joy ours has been. And Lola is just too cute for words. Congratulations!

Karissa and Mik said...

cute they look like little dirty dalmations! jaceys probably so happy to have another girl in the house! good luck with a new puppy, maybe you should go see the movie marley and me first...!

Watsonville said...

I love Jacey's hair! Cute braids!

Jeanette said...

she's adorable. i'm here anytime you need to scream about the expensive SOMETHING she has chewed up.

Grammy said...

What a cute rolly little puppy. I'm still not sure I love both our dogs, but the kids do! The "play" I'm in is the "Ten Virgins", it tells the parable of the Ten Virgins. I almost called you for help the other day when I was panicking. It'll be interesting...

Denice said...

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!

Renée said...

She is soooo cute! I love the name Lola. Thank goodness those puppies are both spoken for. Jaime and Dallin were over there nearly the second they got the green light to visit the newborns. I don't know if I could have said no to them if they wanted one.... well, maybe.

Shannon Bousfield said...

Wow Janna! I never thought I'd see the day. You will be amazed at how much you fall in love with your dog...I never was much of a dog person either.

Is it just me or does she kinda look like a baby seal?

JOY said...

OOOOOOOOH! So cute. My kids want a doggy too. Abe says they can get a dog when they keep their rooms clean for a YEAR - I'm not holding my breath!

Lisa said...

I fear that I am looking at a my own post in the future. You are brave! I think watching your kids with dog will make it worth it. Right?

HAPPYHANERHOME said...

We sadly had to bid adieu to our puppy after just two short (looooong in my mind) months. We couldn't even open the door without an onslaught of drool, puppy bites and jumps, not to mention the number she did on our vegetable gardens (this I beleive was the past straw for DH.) Praying that sweet Lola has a better disposition and is easily trained!!