Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Freak Accident!

On Saturday I asked all the of the kids to find some way to help me. Jacey decided to vacuum. She was happily manhandling the too big for her machine when I heard screaming and crying. I ran to her and found her holding her head. In all the hysterical-ness I manage to make out that she had bent down to look at something on the ground (a spider she thought) when her hair got sucked into the still going vacuum. A big chunk of her hair was ripped out. Poor girl. The remaining hair was all singed and our house smelled terrible--like burnt hair.
The culprit--next time unplug the vacuum before you investigate.

There was nothing to do but go get a haircut. We have to part it on the other side now to disguise the still shorter uneven hair on the left side of her head.

She's still so cute!!

8 comments:

Carianne said...

Poor thing! That is one very strong vac you've got! And I love the new cut! She looks adorable.

Karissa and Mik said...

that sounds like my worst nightmare! ouch! she got a cute haircut out of the deal though!

Grammy said...

Scary! I hope she is not so traumatized that she never vaccuums again. It is a very cute cut though.

Kathleen said...

I knew a lady whose son broke his leg with a vacuum cleaner. I'm sorry that happened! She really is cute with her new haircut though. :)

Denice said...

i have a friend that happened to also. dare i say - i love the new haircut even better?

Lisa said...

You're right. Cute hair cut!

Tamara Atkin said...

That's a good story that she can tell for the rest of her life. I hope it didn't give her too much pain, my girls cry tears when I brush their hair, I'll have to tell them this story. The shorter cut is very cute on her.

Watsonville said...

What a sad story. I thought I saw her at school with short hair but wasn't sure. She's adorable with short hair. What a cute cut.