Monday, December 22, 2008

Bye Bye Green Car

We sold our green car on Saturday. We have had this car for over 11 years. It has been a wonderful, little car and I was kind of sad to see it go, even though it has cost us over $1500 in repairs the last 2 summers. John's Dad generously GAVE us his truck, so it was time to move on.
I made the kids--only Jacey and Jared would do it-- come out in the cold for one last picture.

I found some random pictures with our car in the background. This was pre-kids, maybe 1997 or 1998. I thought this car was so cool when we bought it. Spoiler, sun roof. I was forced to learn how to drive stick with it.

This was after our road rage incident in Utah on I-15 in 1997.

And the sweetest memory-- we brought Jared home from the hospital in this car.
I am sad to see this car go, but John is very happy. He's the one that has been driving it to and from work for the last 7 years. He is also excited to listen to CDs or the FM radio for a change. The little green car only got AM. :) And I have to admit, I've been driving the truck for all of my by myself errands lately. It's fun to drive.

5 comments:

Karissa and Mik said...

isnt it funny how you can have so many memories from a car?! goodbye green car!

JOY said...

We are still hanging onto our little red put-put that we've had since BYU - so I know what you mean about sentimental cars. We've got to get rid of it soon - does John's Dad have another truck he wants to get rid of(hee hee).

Isn't blogging addicting Jana??! At least we can keep up a little this way!

Jeanette said...

bye bye green car.

Denice said...

i remember when you guys bought that green car. i also remember the road rage accident. i remember you guys got the insurance money and didnt fix the car. starving students. ahhh.... fond memories.

Renée said...

Hi Janna! okay - this blog thing is taking too much time! I loved your cute green car. That's the way my girls could always find your house when they came to babysit. I guess they will have to learn your address now. Your blog is so pretty. I love the background. Is this Emily's work or are you the talented one? If it's you-- Come over and help me! I am so lame at this.